The Tara Boat Company has operated in Cambodia for over 10 Years and our experience and knowledge means our specialist Boat Tours offer the best way to experience the Tonle Sap Lake. Operating 365 Days a year we offer a hassle free way to explore the area and learn how the lake supports the local people. Our Safety record is immaculate and most importantly we ensure you are looked after for the duration of your chosen tour. We ensure you are not exposed to any of the scams ensuring that we look after the safety and enjoyment of every customer from collection to return to your hotel with our all-inclusive prices leaving you with nothing to worry about.
We offer a range of half and full day tours in both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh to choose from to explore the lakes, rivers and floating villages to suit all needs starting from $24. Whether you choose to visit the floating village at Chong Khneas, the quieter Kompong Phluk Village and flooded forest, the little visited Kompong Khleang Village or the famous bird watching area of Prek Toal Biosphere Centre you can be sure that the Tara Boat Company will offer you a memorable trip to these special places and look after you to ensure optimum enjoyment.
We also have the unique Queen Tara Boat where many of our tours stop for meals and drinks and the opportunity to relax and take in the unrivaled views the top deck offers. At over 41 meters in length the Queen Tara is the biggest boat on the Tonle Sap Lake. It provides lots of space to relax aboard with our professional Tara Staff to look after you. It’s also the perfect place to come to see the sunset on our always popular $36 Sunset Tour which includes a full buffet selection plus unlimited drinks including cocktails, and of course the best view to watch the sun go down on the lake. We have a strong reputation and are, amongst others, recommended by Lonely Planet, Travelfish, TripAdvisor, Roundtheworld and Le Routard as well as many independent travel blogs.
All our tours are the price advertised with no additional hidden costs and include: - pick up and return from hotel/guesthouse in Air Conditioned Company Mini Vans - all transfers - fully experienced local English Speaking, Professional Tara guide, safety conscious Tara drivers on our mini Tara boats - all check point fees - meals and drinks.
There are many reasons we feel we are unique in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh as conducting local tours is all we do:
1. Tara riverboat company owns all our own equipment, this ensures we can control the quality, safety and thus welfare of all our customers.
2. ALL OUR staff are full time long term committed employees, they share our joint passion for conducting the most professional and fun tours possible.
3. All our staff are local people, and many were born in the villages you will tour giving an expert insight.
4. We are a responsible company and focus on education, training and sustainable tourism, always being respectful to the communities we work in. In fact we have set up many environmental projects and our current project is water filtration systems for villages we visit, through our educational and awareness programs and supporting local businesses and suppliers doing the same.
5. We are a Certified Childsafe Business as part of the network working together with communities and NGO’s to help protect children www.thinkchildsafe.org.
6. We conserve resources wherever possible, through, but not limited to recycling, fuel saving, sustainable development by way of engineering solutions, rather than burning of forests and other materials, e.g. Our boat are now converted to solar power replacing Fuel burning generator and all boats proudly using sustainable and environmentally friendly Biodiesel www.nagabiofuels.org .
7. Giving back programs. Our commitment has and always will be that the Tara riverboat company, as a local company, sets aside 10% of all profits to be used in helping the local villages in sustainable resources.
8. We are a small specialized company promoting best practice and the management and all staff are only focused on your enjoyment and safety.
9. We are a registered, licensed company fully compliant with travel insurance, advisory and safety guidelines.
10. We understand that for a company to succeed we require well priced, fun and hopefully education tours, we specialize in small groups from one person up. Nothing is more important to us than your safety and enjoyment. We do not run 30 different tours as we do not farm out our customers. We only run our tours which we are specializing in running.
To ensure that each and every customer has a safe, enjoyable and unique travel experience... to promote best practice and sustainability through training and education of our most valuable asset, our employees.
Find Us On:- TripAdvisor Reviews
Please call for more details:
Siem Reap: 092 957 765
Phnom Penh: 012 921 830