Having operated in Siem Reap for over 10 years our experience and knowledge means our specialist Tara Boat Tours offer the best way to experience the Tonle Sap Lake and surrounding villages. Operating 365 Days a year we offer a hassle free way to tour the Tonle Sap Lake and learn about how it supports the local people. We ensure we avoid exposing our customers to all scams and that we look after the safety and enjoyment of every customer. We offer a range of half and full day tours to choose from to explore the lake and floating villages to suit all needs costing from $29. Whether you choose to visit the nearest floating village at Chong Kneas, see the quieter Kompong Phluk village and the Flooded Forest or the little visited stunning Kampong Khleang Village or maybe the famous bird watching area of Prek Toal Biosphere Centre you can be sure that the Tara Boat Company will offer you a memorable trip to these special places and look after you to ensure optimum enjoyment. We also have the unique ability to offer the opportunity of all Chong Kneas tour groups meals and drinks on the main Tara Boat. At over 41 meters in length the Tara is the biggest boat on the Tonle Sap Lake. It offers unrivaled views from the top deck plus lots of space to relax aboard with professional Tara Staff to look after you. It’s the perfect place to come to see the Sunset on our ever popular $36 Sunset tour which includes a full buffet selection plus unlimited drinks including cocktails and of course offering the best way to watch the sun go down over the lake.
All tours are the price advertised no additional hidden costs and includes: - pick up from hotel/guesthouse in Air Conditioned Company Mini Vans - all transfers - fully experienced local English Speaking Tara guide and professional, safety conscious Tara drivers on our mini Tara boats - all check point fees - meals and drinks.
The Tonle Sap Lake
- The great Tonle Sap Lake is a natural wonder of Cambodia - an ecological hotspot & UNESCO designated biosphere.
- The Tonle Sap Lake is on the doorstep of Siem Reap, Cambodia - the home of the Angkor Wat Temples.
- The Tonle Sap Lake is the largest fresh-water lake in SE Asia and the richest fishing lake in the World.
- The Floating Village at Chong Khneas & Kompong Phluk, the Flooded Forest at Kompong Phluk & the Bird Sanctuary at Prek Toal are must-see locations for tourists visiting Siem Reap or Cambodia, and the Tara Boat offers tours of them all.
- All prices quoted are for adults, children 10 years and under are half price. Children 5 or under are free.
- All prices are all inclusive-meaning all check points, transport, water, meals and drinks. Stationary and Guides are included in the price.
- All our tours include either Air conditioned Car or Mini Van. We specialize in small group or individual. Remember one person we go.
- If you prefer a Tuk Tuk this can be arranged however not recommended for the far out places.
The massive seasonal variations in the water level of the Tonle Sap Lake makes A floating village a practical idea. A floating village is quite literally a floating village - schools, markets, houses, businesses... they all rise and fall with the Tonle Sap!
The Flooded Forest at Kompong Phluk is a mangrove forest on the Tonle Sap Lake floodplain. During the wet season when the forest is flooded only the tips of the trees are visible, whilst during the dry season the flooded forest is not very flooded at all!